Friday, June 4, 2010

We've had an amazing last few days! Hiking to the Cabequar tribe in Talamanca was great. It was hard, but lots of fun. We did a Vacation Bible School with the kids about Daniel and the Lion's den. This was my first time getting up in front of a group speaking Spanish. So fun. I love this language even though it is definitely trial by error. The VBS went well even though the kids were extremely shy; Spanish is their 2nd language, but they definitely warmed up a little bit. We had fun jumping rope, singing songs, and acting out the story of Daniel.
We also got to work with a team from Fairhope, Alabama on Thursday at a Boys and Girls Ranch called "Amor en la calle" in Guapiles. It was a place for kids off the street to come and be loved. What a beautiful ministry. I got to lead the team's morning devotion today and we participated in the other worship sessions with them. I tried the fruit from a guava seed pod, got a bunch of bananas from one of the banana packaging docks right next to where our hike started. Yummy tropical fruit! We also did VBS with the team last night in Sequirres and had a blast being able to sit back and watch and just interact with the kids. There were 4 little girls who I had a blast with: Jennifer, Francini, Brittany, and Jasmine. Francini gave me a lollipop when we left. What hospitable people. I am loving this! :-D

We are heading up to Puerto Viejo for the week and our first official teams come tomorrow! Please pray for their travel! Hope you're doing great! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment