Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm back!!!

Hey Everyone,
I am back in Costa Rica after a great restful week in the States. Jeff and Stacey Werly's wedding was absolutely lovely. It was such a blessing to be able to share in their special day. I am so proud of them and the way they are seeking to center their new marriage on the Solid Rock. It was exciting to share with Will Hasley (spent time in Costa Rica as a 2 year intern) all that is going on down in CR. I also got to hang out with some great friends in Charlottesville and be an honorary Salt Shack girl for the week. I enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of Chris's family in Northern Virginia and another highlight was going into DC to see Jackie and Kelly. We had dinner together and strolled past the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and other sights along the Mall on a beautiful evening. The next day I played tourist at some of the Smithsonian museums. Wow, so much to see! I can't wait to go back and see some more very soon. Chris and I headed back the next day after watching an eventful US v. Slovenia World Cup match.

I'm back and we received a team from Chattanooga, TN . They are a fun, lively bunch of 12. Today I acted as the interpreter for a church service for my first time ever in Hatillo. It is definitely challenging but very exciting to be able to speak the Word of God. Pastor Federico was a joy and blessing to work with. This afternoon we got to enjoy a nice long relaxed lunch and a low key rainy afternoon. I am learning for the first time what it is like alongside David how to lead teams. It is exciting, at times a little stressful, but definitely enjoyable learning how to coordinate plans in both English and Spanish!

Thanks for all your continued prayers. This week we will be working in Coronado on the Children's Home! I would love to hear what y'all are up to!

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment